Just like the movies | #8 Pattern

fevereiro 21, 2015


You can see that this week the theme around here is the Oscars. It doesn't mean that I'm not thinking about other things... This week have been an hectic one. I've been finishing a part of project started long time ago. It's nice to see something things come to an end and starting new stages.

As for my professional life I'm also about to start on another stage of my professional life. Emotionally the last days have been hectic. A lot of things might change in the near future. I can't lie that I'm scared, but the change is necessary. I'm on the verge of becoming a 26 year old, and though I have a face of a teenage girl, those years are long gone. I can't help myself to feel that I was more mature, focused and goal oriented 10 years ago than now. But it was easier to be that way on that time. I had a purpose- study, have good grades to go to the university. And I already knew which one I wanted to go and what I wanted to study. I had a plan and I was working on it. In the middle of university the question of what's next was imposing and I found I didn't have a clear answer. I didn't have a security net any-more. I took me some years to realise it was ok this situation, that I still had to work to build, find and pursue my dreams. That it was ok to be insecure, and that was also ok to change the dreams that I had. It wasn't a failure found out that you didn't accomplish your previous dream, just because your dreams have changed.
Is this to be grown up? It's nothing like the movies, but when in need for an escape for this reality movies and books are good way to do it.

I come to accept that I like the life I have, I also like the path I'm currently taking. I think it's the right one for me. More important, I feel that it's the right one for me. It's not like the movies, for sure, but I don't mind at all. It's mine and I'm happy with it!

This hasn't happen for awhile, I was going to talk about the Oscars and ended in a retrospective of my past and current life. You can see what I have to say about the Oscars this year in the Nuts for Paper blog. It's all for now, see you next week!
\\
Esta semana parece que só falo sobre os Óscares. Mas na verdade é apenas um pequeno escape, porque tenho passado bastante tempo a pensar noutras coisas. Esta semana foi bastante agitada. Estive a terminar uma etapa de um projecto que se prolonga já há algum tempo. É bom fechar certos capítulos e começar novos.

A nível profissional estou prestes a começar um novo capítulo. Muitas mudanças podem-se registar brevemente. Não posso esconder que estou um pouco assustada, mas a mudança é mais do que necessária. Estou prestes a fazer 26 anos, e apesar de ter cara de menina, esses anos há muito que desapareceram. Não deixo de sentir que há 10 anos atrás era mais madura, focada e orientada para cumprir objectivos. Mas também era mais fácil de o ser na altura, visto que tinha um objectivo e planos para seguir. Queria ir a universidade X, tirar design. Era só uma questão de trabalhar nesse sentido. A meio de universidade as dúvidas sobre o que fazer a seguir começaram a atormentar-me a cabeça. E descobri que não tinha uma resposta certa. Já não tinha a minha de rede de segurança. Demorei alguns anos a perceber que era uma situação normal, e que tinha que continuar a trabalhar para encontrar e construir os meus sonhos. Que não faz mal sentirmos inseguranças, e que também não faz mal mudarmos os nossos sonhos. Se nós crescesmos, é perfeitamente normal que os nossos sonhos crescem e mudem como nós.
É isto que é ser adulto? Não é nada como nos filmes, no entanto os filmes e os livros são excelentes para quando se quer escapar à realidade.

Sabem o que descobri recentemente? Que aceito a vida que tenho, e que até gosto bastante dela. Gosto deste caminho que escolhi. Acho que é o caminho certo para mim. Sinto que é o caminho certo. Não é como os filmes, de certeza, mas isso não me interessa. É o meu caminho e estou satisfeita com ele!!

Algo assim não me acontecia à algum tempo, eu ia falar dos Óscares e acabei por fazer uma pequena retrospensão sobre a minha vida. Se quiserem ler sobre o que escrevi sobre os Óscares podem sempre espreitar no blog da Nuts for Paper. Por agora é tudo, até para a semana!




You Might Also Like

0 comentários